1. Eligible individuals for Form ITR-1 SAHAJ.
Individuals who have earned their Income for a financial year only through the following means are eligible to fill the ITR-1 SAHAJ form:-
- Income from Salary/ Pension; or
- Income from One House Property (excluding cases where loss is brought forward from precious years); or
- Income from Other Sources (excluding Winning from Lottery and Income from Rose Horses).
Note:- Further, in a case where the income of another person like spouse, minor child, etc. is to be clubbed with the income of the assessee, this Return Form can be used only it the income being clubbed lolls into the above income categories.
2. Non-eligible individuals for ITR-1 SAHAJ.
Individuals who are not eligible to fill the ITR-1 SAHAJ form are those who have earned Income through the following means:-
- Income from more than one house property; or
- Income from Winnings from lottery or income from Race horses; or
- Income under the head “Capital Gains”, e.g., short-term capital gains or long-term capital gains from sale of house, plot, shares etc.; or
- Income from agriculture/exempt income in excess of Rs. 5,000; or
- Income from Business or Profession; or
- Loss under the head ‘Income From Other Sources’; or
- Person Claiming relief Under Section 90 and/or 91; or
- Any Resident Having Income from Any Source Outside India; or
- Any individual, who is a resident and has,
(i) assets (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India; or
(ii) signing authority in any account located outside India.
3. Submission of ITR-1 SAHAJ form.
This Return Form can be filed with the Income Tax Department in any of the following ways,-
3(i) By furnishing the return in a paper form; or
3(ii) By furnishing the return electronically under digital signature; or
3(iii) By transmitting the data in the return electronically under electronic verification code; or
3(iv) By transmitting the data in the return electronically and thereafter submitting the verification of the return in Return Form ITR-V;
Where the Return Form is furnished in the manner mentioned at 3(iii),the assessee should print out two copies of Form ITR-V.
NOTE: One copy of ITR-V, duly signed by the assessee, has to be sent post to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100. The other copy may be retained by the Assessee for his record.
4. Filling out the Acknowledgement
Only one copy of this Return Form is required to be filed. Where the Return Form is furnished in the manner mentioned at 3(i) or at 3(iv), the acknowledgement slip attached with this Return Form should be duly filled.