For Assessment Year 2015-16 there are some thing new to the Income Tax Return filings, so I am just sharing some of the things that needs to be taken into consideration while filing such ITRs, ITR-4S is here under:
1. Who can use Form ITR-4S Sugam for Assessment Year 2015-16:
This Return Form is to be used by an individual / HUF whose total income for the Assessment year 2015-16 includes:‑
- Business income where such income is computed in accordance with special provisions referred to in section 44AD and 44AE of the Act for computation of business income; or
- Income from Salary/ Pension; or
- Income from One House Property (excluding cases where loss is brought forward from previous years); or
- Income from Other Sources (Excluding winning from Lottery and Income from Race Horses).
- The income computed shall be presumed to have been computed after giving full effect to every loss, allowance, depreciation or deduction under the Income-tax Act.
- Further, in a case where the income of another person like spouse, minor child, etc. is to be clubbed with the income of the assessee, this Return Form can be used only if the income being clubbed falls into the above income categories.
2. Who cannot use Form ITR-4S Sugam for Assessment Year 2015-16:
SUGAM cannot be used to file the following incomes:-
- Income from more than one house property; or
- Income from winnings from lottery or income from Race horses; or
- Income under the head “Capital Gains”, e.g. Short-term capital gains or long-term capital gains from sale of house, plot, shares etc; or
- Income from agriculture/exempt income in excess of Rs. 5,000; or
- Income from Speculative Business and other special incomes; or
- Income from a profession as referred to in sub-section (1) of section 44AA or income from an agency business or income in the nature of commission for brokerage; or
- Person claiming relief of foreign tax paid under section 90,90A or 91; or
- Any resident having any asset (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India; or
- Any Resident Having Income from Any Source Outside India.
3. Form Whom ITR-4S SUGAM form is not mandatory for Assessment Year 2015-16:
SUGAM Business Form shall not apply at the option of the assessee, if :–
- the assessee keeps and maintains all the books of account and other documents referred to in section 44AA in respect of the business.
- the assessee gets his accounts audited and obtains a report of such audit as required under section 44AB in respect of the business. In the above scenarios, Regular ITR-4 should be filed and not SUGAM.
4. Manner of filing Form ITR- 4S Sugam for Assessment Year 2015-16:
This Return Form can be filed with the Income Tax Department in any of the following manner:-
- By furnishing the return in a paper form;
- By furnishing the return electronically under digital signature;
- By transmitting the data in the return electronically under electronic verification code;
- By transmitting the data in the return electronically and thereafter submitting the verification of the return in Return Form ITR-V;
Where the Return Form is furnished in the manner mentioned at 4(iii),the assessee should print out two copies of Form ITR-V.
NOTE: One copy of ITR-V, duly signed by the assessee, has to be sent post to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100. The other copy may be retained by the Assessee for his record.
5. Filling out the acknowledgment:
Only one copy of this Return Form is required to be filed. Where the Return Form is furnished in the manner mentioned at 4(i) or at 4(iv), the acknowledgment slip attached with this Return Form should be duly filled.